Instagram Threads has taken the social media world by storm in 2023, with its innovative features and growing user base. As one of the most popular text-based platforms, Threads offers a unique space for users to share their thoughts, engage in public conversations, and connect with like-minded individuals. With its seamless integration with Instagram, Threads has become a go-to app for those seeking a more focused and intimate online experience.
The year 2023 has witnessed remarkable statistics and trends surrounding Instagram Threads. From its rapid user growth to the incredible number of posts and likes shared within the app, Threads has solidified its position as a force to be reckoned with.
Explore the latest statistics, trends, and fascinating facts that define this dynamic platform. Discover how Threads is reshaping the way we communicate and engage with others in the digital age.
What is Threads
Threads is a new application developed by the Instagram team, designed as a space for sharing text updates and engaging in public conversations. It’s a platform where users can express their ideas in a positive and creative environment.
Users log in using their Instagram account, and their posts can be up to 500 characters long, including links, photos, and videos up to five minutes in length.
The vision for Threads is to extend what Instagram does best—connecting people over photos and videos—and expand that to text.
The functionality of Threads is designed to foster positive and productive conversations. Users have control over who can mention them or reply to their threads. Similar to Instagram, Threads offers features like adding hidden words to filter out replies that contain specific words. Users can also manage their interactions by choosing to unfollow, block, restrict, or report a profile.
The feed on Threads includes posts by people the user follows, as well as recommended content from new creators yet to be discovered. Users can easily share a Threads post to their Instagram story, or share their post as a link on any other platform they choose.
Threads is designed for a wide range of users, from casual posters to creators. It offers a separate space for real-time updates and public conversations, making it a great tool for anyone looking to engage in discussions and share their thoughts in a text-based format.
In the future, Instagram plans to add more features to Threads, including improved recommendations in the feed and a more robust search function, making it easier for users to follow topics and trends in real time. Whether you’re a creator or a casual poster, Threads offers a new way to connect with friends and creators who share your interests.
|Release Date||6th July 2023|
|Available Regions||100 countires|
|User Registration||48 million|
Instagram Threads Statistics 2023
- Instagram Threads reached 2 million users just 2 hours after going live.
- After 7 hours, there were already 10 million users and 24 hours after launch Instagram had even more users.
- According to Meta, the company that owns Instagram, Threads was attracting more than 1 million new users per hour at some point.
- The Threads app by Instagram now has more than 10 million users.
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg says the platform passed 10 million signups just seven hours after its debut.
- Threads received 30 million sign-ups as of Thursday morning (6.7.2023), including brands, celebrities, journalists, and other prominent accounts.
- More than 50 millions downloads of Threads on a single day (8.7.2023).
- Approximately 22% of Threads’ user base hails from India, Brazil accounted for 16% of the app’s downloads, while the United States held a share of 14%.
- Approximately 25% of the total downloads were on iOS, 75% of downloads were on the Android platform.
- There have already been more than 95 million posts and 190 million likes shared on Threads.
- The Threads user count is now over 97,142,451 and it’s on course to reach 100 million users faster than ChatGPT, TikTok, and Instagram.
- Threads has gathered over 1 million active users on Google Play Store alone.
- Threads boasts an impressive daily active user rate of 60%, significantly higher than the industry average.
- The Threads application currently holds the top position in the Apple app store.
|Users (millions)||Time since launch|
- Threads holds an impressive average rating of 4.1 stars based on 104,000 reviews on the Google Play Store.
- Threads maintains a solid rating of 4.0 stars with 14,000 reviews on the App Store.
Top-Followed Users and Influencers on Threads
Introducing the Top-Followed Users and Influencers on Threads! Discover the influencers, creators, and thought leaders who have amassed a substantial following on this dynamic social media platform. From inspiring content creators to industry experts, this list showcases the individuals who captivate and engage audiences on Threads.
|2||@natgeo||National Geographic||4.3||United States|
|3||@kimkardashian||Kim Kardashian||4.3||United States|
|4||@selenagomez||Selena Gomez||4.2||United States|
|6||@kyliejenner||Kylie Jenner||3.9||United States|
|9||@willsmith||Will Smith||3.2||United States|
|10||@jlo||Jennifer Lopez||3.2||United States|
Threads App Facts and Guide
- The app was live on 6th July 2023, available in 100 countries and 30 languages. Maybe it is not in your country yet.
- Due to concerns related to privacy, Instagram Threads is presently not accessible in the European Union. (July 2023)
- You need to have an Instagram account if you want to create Threads.
- Users can effortlessly transition to Threads by logging in with their Instagram accounts, thereby retaining their existing follower list.
- Posts on Threads can be 500 characters long, compared with 280 for most Twitter users.
- The app is positioned as a rival to Twitter.
- You can include multiple images and videos (up to 5m long) in your Threads.
- Threads is built upon Instagram rather than Facebook, making it more oriented towards a youthful audience.
- The app incorporates elements of Instagram’s visual style and user interface, allowing seamless sharing of Threads posts to Instagram Stories.
- You can share the Threads on Instagram stories or as a link on any other platform.
- Key functionalities of this application include support for image descriptions generated by artificial intelligence (AI).
- Threads includes verified accounts with blue checkmarks, which are likely given to participants in Meta’s paid verification program.
- The app gathers user information across 25 distinct categories, outperforming Twitter in terms of data collection capabilities.
- In order to delete Threads you will have to delete your Instagram account.
Data Collected by Threads
- Threads gathers a broader range of user data compared to Twitter. This includes web browsing history, physical addresses, health and fitness information, and additional contact details that are not typically collected by Twitter.
- The app collects a wide range of user information, including data on app usage, installed applications, in-app search history, web browsing activities, calendar events, contacts, voice recordings, music files, audio files, photos, videos, SMS messages, in-app communications, emails, payment card information, bank account details, and financial data.
- Threads additionally gathers biometric data, such as fingerprints or facial recognition, as well as sensitive information like sexual orientation and ethnic background.
- In Threads, users do not have the option to disable Meta’s tracking and profiling mechanisms.
Future of Threads
- The success of Threads and its competition with Twitter depends on factors such as user adoption, Meta’s ability to import existing friend graphs and Twitter’s performance under its new CEO.
- The launch of Threads coincides with user dissatisfaction with recent alterations implemented by Elon Musk on Twitter.
- The app’s launch created excitement and comparisons to a “first day of school” experience, with some speculating whether Threads could become a “Twitter killer.”
- It is positioned as a possible “Twitter killer” due to Meta’s extensive user base, with over 2 billion active Instagram users compared to Twitter’s estimated 250 million active users.
- Threads poses a serious threat to Twitter, which has faced backlash since Elon Musk took over the platform in October 2022.
- Twitter has threatened legal action against Meta’s Threads app, alleging intellectual property infringement. Twitter claims that Meta recruited former Twitter employees with access to trade secrets, but Meta denies these allegations. The dispute between the two companies remains ongoing. (Source)
- The team at Meta is working towards enabling compatibility between Threads and ActivityPub, an open social networking protocol established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Meta’s empire of popular apps could expand with Threads, providing a new platform for ad sales.
These statistics will be continuously updated to ensure you remain well-informed and up-to-date on the latest developments. Stay connected, stay curious, and keep exploring the ever-evolving world of Threads for ongoing insights and fresh discoveries. Meanwhile, explore Instagram statistics, TikTok statistics or Facebook video stats.